Centralstation

Centralstation©Eric Hückstädt

The Centralstation was built in its original form in 1888 as Darmstadt’s first electricity plant. The power plant served mainly as a supplier of electricity for the street lamps in the town centre, the royal court and its theatre and, from 1897, also for the city’s trams. The plant was operational until 1921 and made Darmstadt, after New York and Berlin, the third city worldwide with such a comprehensive electricity supply.

In the 1990’s, the area around the City Carree was completely transformed and today, the Centralstation is a venue which features readings, exhibitions, lectures, dance events and jazz and pop concerts with artists from all over the world.

 

At concerts, people with disabilities are also welcome. They are getting discounted tickets and also get past entry to ensure a good spot right in front of the stage. In the basement there is a "toilet for all", which is easily accessible by elevator.

More Information: www.centralstation-darmstadt.de/service/barrierefreiheit/


Back to overview

Address

Social Media


Google Maps