Russian Chapel

Russische Kapelle©Rüdiger Dunker

In 1894, Czar Nikolaus II of Russia married Princess Alix, the youngest sister of Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig, who commissioned the building of the Russian Chapel. It was inaugurated in 1899 and was used by the family of the Czar whenever they visited. The architect was Louis Benois of St. Petersburg. Today, it is the church of the Russian orthodox community in Darmstadt.


Back to overview

Address

Nikolaiweg 18

64287 Darmstadt

Deutschland

darmstadt.russian-church.de


Google Maps