Porcelain Collection of the Grand Duchy of Hessen in Prinz-Georgs Palais
With the opening of the Porcelain Museum in 1908, Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine made the princely family's possessions, which had been accumulated over centuries, accessible to the public.
One focus is on the ceramic products of the Kelsterbach factory and the Höchst and Frankenthal factories located in the region. With Meissen, Nymphenburg, Sèvres, Vienna and St. Petersburg, further important manufactories are represented. With more than 4,000 objects from faience, stoneware and porcelain, the collection provides an overview of the artistic development of European ceramics from its beginnings to the end of the 19th century.
Sommer Opening: April 1st until October 31st
Back to overview